Carrots or Daucus carota is a most popular root vegetable around the whole world. It is sweet in taste, easily grown in cold temperatures and crunchy in texture having red or orange in color mostly. But sometimes its color may be purple, red, white or yellow also. It is used as raw, salad, cooking, Halwa (in India), desserts, cookies, chips, snacks, juice, soup, pickle and much more. Carrots are the good source of carotenes, vitamins, antioxidants, flavonoids, minerals, dietary fiber, potassium, magnesium, vitamin B6, thiamine, folate, iron, copper, phosphorus and sulphur which host large number of health benefits to humans. So check out these amazing health benefits of carrots as follows:
- Due to the excellent source of vitamin A and beta carotene, it helps to prevent from vision loss, macular degeneration, cataract and night blindness.
- According to studies, it contains falcarinol compound that helps to decrease the risk of various types of cancer like colon, breast, lung and prostate because it is a natural pesticide found in carrots only, which helps to protect its root from fungal diseases.
- Again the researches shown that the yellow and orange foods can help to prevent from many cardiovascular diseases like heart attack, high LDL cholesterol level and strokes due to the presence of lutein and alpha carotene. It also helps to purify the blood, regulate the blood sugar and maintain the blood circulation.
- Carrots contain Vitamin A and dietary fibers, which helps body to pass out the toxins, the liver secretes bile and detoxify your body. It also helps to keep the digestion fit and healthy. It also helps to protect against wrinkles, acne, blackheads, dry skin, pigmentation, and blemishes.
- Due to alkaline and acidic forming, it also helps to prevent tooth decay, cavity, plaque and build stronger gums.
- It also helps to prevent from early aging effect and fight with free radicals due to the presence of various antioxidants. Due to the presence of potassium it also helps to lower the blood pressure.
- It contains Folate, so it is good for pregnant and lactating mothers to promote the production of milk. It also helps to increase the menstrual flow.
- It contains nicotine acid and low in calories but high in nutrients, it is the best food for health conscious because nicotine acid helps to break the lipids and fats presented in the body and improve the function of metabolism.
So it’s the other best super food for us and above said health benefits are enough to start eating carrots. It may be many other health benefits like Controlling diarrhea, peptic ulcers, Alzheimer’s disease, upset stomach, crohn’s disease, gastrointestinal health, maintenance of epithelial integrity, sperm production, digestive system disorders or gastric ulcers, treatment of worms and much more. If you know more health benefits of carrots and its juice, then please share your knowledge with us to serve others better.